Thursday, June 17, 2021

Brian Day 23 vs CarrBen (LL)

 Ouch.  I knew for sure I had 4, maybe even 5.  Nope.  2/6.  Incredibly frustrating day, but a good chance Ben also only gets 2 and it comes down to defense

1) Bottle.  1/2  Awesome, a math question disguised as an art question!  I never knew its origins, but a Klein bottle is a three dimensional version of a Mobius strip, this is a gimme for both me and Ben.   Wait, what?  Wasting a 1 on Ben here will cost me, especially with only two correct.

2) Rheine 1/1  I can name five European rivers, and know where four of them are located.  I hoped the answer to this question was the fifth one.  Nope.  

3) Potato 2/2 A last second pull.  I had a feeling it was food, and thought Gorta Mor, being capitalized, was a holiday, like Christmas or St Patrick's Day.  As I was about to submit, Mor reminded me of death, and I thought of the potato famine.  I only assigned 2 because I used the 1 on the Klein bottle.

4) Gunn 2/1  Dammit.  I've never heard of  the answer, but Saul Hudson is Slash, so the second band is Guns and Roses.  And since Roses comes from Axl Rose, Tracii's last name must be Gun.  He's probably a founder of L.A. Guns.  I'll add an n to go with the double i in his first name.   Tracii Gunn. Beautiful.   Wait, what?

5) Cotton, Fall 3/0  Knew this was the Mather family, but completely forgot Increase's name, didn't ring a bell when I reviewed the possibilities.   Ben will either have no idea, or it will be a gimme because he's come across this before and would never forget these names. 

6) Cotangent 0/3 Now here's a real math gimme for the both of us.  The only question that went as expected today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment