Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Jesse day 17

3/6

1. The writer and performance artist born Ramona Lofton, who wrote the 1996 novel Push and its 2011 sequel, The Kid, is best known by what pen name?
Correct Answer: SAPPHIRE
Your Answer: Mona Lofty
Points Assigned: 2

Oh, now I remember Push by Saphire. I never saw it, but can recall the commercials now. 

2. A standard system for representing a point in two-dimensional space measures the point in terms of distance from a given origin, along a set of perpendicular axes. In this system, the coordinates of that point—as well as the plane itself—are most typically named after what individual?
Correct Answer: RENÉ DESCARTES
Your Answer: Euclid
Points Assigned: 3

Nope.

3. Per its official published classic rules, the OBJECT of what game is "To be the first player to get all four of your pawns from your color START to your color HOME"? (The newer version of the game with "Fire and Ice Power-Ups" has the same object but only three pawns per player.)
Correct Answer: SORRY!
Your Answer: Sorry!
Points Assigned: 1

It took me a while to remember the name of the game even though I could picture the board and pawns. 

4. A soft limestone statuette found in 1908 in the southern Austrian village of Willendorf, created an estimated 25,000 years ago, is of a woman who is typically given what name (which is a bit of an anachronism, as the name would have had no meaning to the figurine's creator)?
Correct Answer: VENUS
Your Answer: Eve
Points Assigned: 0

Oh well.

5. "College", "I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano", "Pine Barrens", "Pie-O-My", and "Made in America" are episode titles from what acclaimed television series?
Correct Answer: THE SOPRANOS
Your Answer: The Sopranos
Points Assigned: 1

I have only seen the first season, but I knew Pine Barrens is a classic. 

6. From 1947 to 1971, the cities of Chittagong, Khulna, Rajshahi, Gazipur, and Mymensingh were all within what country?
Correct Answer: PAKISTAN
Your Answer: Pakistan
Points Assigned: 2

I knew Chittagong is in what we now call Bangladesh. Considered Eastern Pakistan, but figured it was all one country and some of those cities might be in Western Pakistan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment