5/6 in my most satisfying day of the season, as I was only confident of 2 on first read.
1) Vandals 1/0 As Dave M said, it was Goths or Vandals until Goths were mentioned, and the destructive nature confirmed it
2) Black 1/1 Black was too obvious, so I mulled over the possibilities all day, convinced it was collegiate sports related, and therefore an obvious 3 for Ben. But ultimately it made way too much sense to be HBCU
3) Fait 2/2 My college French failed me, but this is very gettable and defense could cost me.
4) Bindings 3/1 Took me some time as I don't ski, but eventually it came to me
5) Ordinary 2/3 The only thing I know about this movie is Timothy Hutton is in it. Maybe it won best picture. But that was enough to make it a gimme.
6) Vanity Fair 0/2 Thank you to my opponent Ben for this one. I had absolutely no idea, then I remembered Ben's text yesterday saying he was at the On Parade diner near my hometown on Long Island. Parade made me think of circus, which led to fair, and I knew Vanity Fair had to be the answer. I'm not even sure why I was that confident, I think the serialized novel portion of the question was buried in my head somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment