Friday, June 4, 2021

David S Day 14 vs. Mirkin (CC)

6/6, as all the questions that are up my alley that Thorsten hadn't given in earlier days came out.  I was fairly confident I had all six when I submitted.

1. Bing :), D11.  The Friends and search engine clues left only one possibility.

2. International Date Line :), D00.  Seems like the easiest one of the day.

3. Hallelujah :), D23.  I sang this in choruses past.  I hadn't realized it was actually written in English and that I wasn't singing a translation, so that threw me.  But I didn't see what else it could be.

4. Soledad :), D32.  I recognized 100 Years of Solitude right away.  Even though I don't speak Spanish, I remembered the title in its original form, at least enough to fill in a blank.

5. First Down :), D12.  Gimme for me, but I bet the weird wording throws a lot of people off.

6. Three Kingdoms :), D21.  I was least certain about this one.  I knew that there was a period of Chinese history called Three Kingdoms, but I wasn't sure what the chronology was.  It seemed to fit perfectly, so it was by far the best answer I could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment