Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Seif Day 22 vs. Brad (CC)

4/6, but I'm frustrated because I left one on the table.  Should have been 5.  Brad has mopped the floor with me the last couple of seasons, so let's see if my score today is enough for a win.  There were two food questions, and this is my LL opponent's best category, so hopefully my 4 is enough.

1. Harvard :), D22.  A gimme for me, but very unclear to me how hard this is for someone who didn't get a degree there.  Hopefully it's not much easier than I think and my D22 is justified.

2. Camelot :), D11.  Fun question.  I suspect this plays pretty easy.

3. Texas :(, D32.  Nope!  NC would probably have been my fifth guess or so.

4. Macadamia nut :), D03.  I really thought this was wrong because I was somehow sure that macadamias were native to Hawaii, not just grown there.  I wouldn't have given Brad 3 on this if I'd thought it was right.

5. Proton :(, D11.  Hanging my head in shame here because a proton is not an elementary particle, which I knew.  Even worse, I was debating between proton and quark and chose the wrong one.  I don't know how I missed the "elementary particle" part of the question.  Terrible miss.

6. Dutch :), D20.  Gimme for an economist, but I somehow feel like this is kind of well-known.  Curious to see the get rate here.


No comments:

Post a Comment