Friday, June 11, 2021

Jesse day 19

2/6 

1. What common leavening agent is a mixture of sodium bicarbonate, a nonreactive filler such as starch, and one or more slightly acidic compounds such as cream of tartar?
Correct Answer: BAKING POWDER
Your Answer: Sourdough
Points Assigned: 1

Well this was very gettable. I don't bake. 

2. Best friends Austin, Pablo, Tasha, Tyrone, and Uniqua were the title characters on what animated series that debuted on Nickelodeon in October 2004?
Correct Answer: THE BACKYARDIGANS
Your Answer: Paw Patrol
Points Assigned: 2

I have never heard of it. 

3. In geometry, a plane figure having four equal sides, with two acute and two obtuse angles, is probably most commonly called a rhombus. It is also sometimes called a diamond, and is occasionally referred to by what other word, which comes from an Old French term for "diamond shape" and today has an alternate medical usage?
Correct Answer: LOZENGE
Your Answer: Kite
Points Assigned: 3

I had no idea. 

4. What literary term, which translates to English as "novel with a key", is used for a work in which some (or all) of the characters represent real individuals?
Correct Answer: ROMAN À CLEF
Your Answer: Nope
Points Assigned: 0

I have heard of this, but there was no chance I was going to get there. 

5. In 1892, José Martí helped to found a revolutionary party that mounted an 1895 armed rebellion (during which he was killed) in what country, where Martí is a national hero, and which achieved independence seven years later?
Correct Answer: CUBA
Your Answer: Cuba
Points Assigned: 2

I just knew this, probably from a podcast. 

6. 1) Visual sighting of an unidentified flying object. 2) A UFO event in which a physical effect occurs. What 1977 film presents (both in plot and in title) the next item in this list, which was first proposed by ufologist J. Allen Hynek in 1972?
Correct Answer: CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
Your Answer: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Points Assigned: 1

I could think of no other answer that made sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment