Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Seif Day 21 vs. Ben (CC)

4/6.  Maybe I'm way off here, but I think this might have been a tough day with questions that just happened to be up my alley.  I certainly was very favorably matched against my LL opponent.  I had a lot of trouble assigning D to Ben.

1. Culture :), D22.  I think this may play fairly easy in NYC given the UWS private school with the same name.  But outside of that, I think it's fairly obscure.  I gave Ben 2 points figuring he might not be that well-versed in the NYC private school scene, but maybe that was a mistake.

2. Smith :(, D01.  Didn't even know this was Sherlock and Watson until I looked it up afterwards.  No chance here.  Maybe this was harder than my D indicates.

3. Sled :(, D23.  Nope!  I had no idea and am glad I didn't waste too much time on this.

4. Othello :), D12.  The obvious guess if you know who Paul Robeson was, though not clear how many people do.

5. Midas :), D10.  This seemed like the only possibility unless it was something very obscure.

6. Mughals :), D31.  Solid world history question.  Nothing fancy here, but still might play fairly hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment