Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Jesse Day 12

4/6

1. A 1974 book by Robert Pirsig, which is reported to be the greatest-selling philosophy book of all time, has an expository framework built in part around maintenance of what object?
Correct Answer: MOTORCYCLE
Your Answer: Motorcycle
Points Assigned: 0

It was the first book that came to my mind. I have never read it. 

2. Santa Cruz, San Cristóbal, Isabela, Santiago, and Darwin are among the islands of an archipelago best known by what name?
Correct Answer: GALÁPAGOS ISLANDS
Your Answer: The Galapagos Islands
Points Assigned: 1

I send about 50 teachers there every year. I have been to Santa Cruz and Isabela. 

3. What term referencing ornamental Moorish design is borrowed in ballet terminology for the body position where the dancer stands on one straight leg, with the other leg extended behind the dancer's body and also straight?
Correct Answer: ARABESQUE
Your Answer: Arabesque
Points Assigned: 2

My daughter does some ballet and I have read her a few ballet-based stories. Arabesque comes up often and sounds Moorish. 

4. Give the first name of either of the teenage daughters of Marc and Heidi D'Amelio, until recently of Norwalk, Connecticut.
Correct Answer: DIXIE, CHARLI
Your Answer: Madison
Points Assigned: 2

I don't know who these people are.

5. At the end of an absurdist drama from 1959 by Eugene Ionesco, the main character is the only human remaining as all of his associates have metamorphosed into what animal?
Correct Answer: RHINOCEROS
Your Answer: Badger
Points Assigned: 3

Never head of this book.

6. The most preeminent Venetian artist (and artistic family) of the 15th century is the namesake for what Prosecco-based cocktail?
Correct Answer: BELLINI
Your Answer: Belini
Points Assigned: 1

I am familiar with Bellinis from brunches past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment