Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Seif Day 25 vs. Brian (LLL)

3/6.  Despite a pretty mediocre showing in LLL this season, I somehow sneaked into 1st place in Sierra C following Day 24 with a 1 point lead, so if I pull off a win today, I can win.  I'm happy with 3/6, as these were decidedly unfriendly questions for me, but it may not be enough for the victory.

1. 1917 :), D11.  I didn't know anything about who the cinematographer was, but I interpreted the question as looking for two recent movies that were highly rated and took place in the past.  Based on that, 1917 made a lot of sense.  It's lucky I didn't consider movies that took place in the future, or I could easily have seen myself putting down Ready Player One and getting it wrong.  I never would have thought of a Bladerunner movie.

2. Brooks :(, D20.  No clue.  Should give Brian no problem.  Easy place for him to stick me with a D3 and get away with it.

3. Amy :), D01.  Second straight day I got a question due to a movie I watched during the pandemic (Gone Girl).  I would have had no chance on the other two parts of the question.

4. Ferret Fox :(, D22.  I had no clue.  Pure coincidence that I kind of got close (but was still definitely wrong).

5. France :), D32.  Great, great question.  First one had to recognize that this was about the World Cup, then figure out it was the 1998 host and winner.  Maybe my D for Brian was too high here.  We'll see.

6. Ko :(, D13.  No idea.

It's been a great season.  Have a great month and a half, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment