Monday, September 14, 2020

Seif Day 18

4/6.  I was very certain about 3 of my answers, but only one of those ended up being correct.  I then guessed with varying degrees of confidence on the other 3 and got them all right.

1. God Save the Queen :), D10.  Seems like the easiest question of the day by far, though perhaps my judgment is clouded given that I was watching an episode of The Crown just last night.

2. Skywalker :(, D22.  I was so happy that I was going to get a film question right... Nope!  But I had no doubt this was the correct answer when I submitted.

3. Pool :), D11.  I spent a long time thinking about clothing here, but nothing really made sense to me.  I decided to give it some time, and after about an hour or so, this popped into my head and seemed like a good guess.  It was helpful because I would have given this much higher D if I'd be convinced it was a question about fashion.

4. Mexico :), D21.  I have to admit I had no idea and took a guess here.  I expected this to be a rare world history miss for me.  This seems like the obvious guess, so it may not play that hard.

5. Cabaret :), D33.  I didn't know the novel or the play, but I've seen the musical (on video), and it was clearly the best guess I could come up with.  It made sense since it's a musical set in 1930s Germany.  Of my three guesses today, it was the only one I was confident about.

6. Descartes :(, D02.  I'm going to kick myself about this for a while.  No way I should have missed this.  I spent all of about 2 seconds on it because I was thinking about the other questions and because it was "so obvious."

No comments:

Post a Comment