Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Brian Day 24 vs Pelco (LLL)

 Pelco had already wrapped up the Levinson Longevity League (are we ever going to change the name?!?) on the strength of tiebreakers, but my 2/6 today didn't do me any favors.   Also, with my tie in LL yesterday, I am relegated down to C and will perhaps pass Seif like a ship in the night as he is promoted up to B

1) Stonedown 2/2  Was between Stonedown and Pillsdown, so I never quite had it

2) Hell's Kitchen 0/1 Gimme for a New Yorker.  I went through quite a few neighborhoods before I got to it, including the much missed Fox classic from the 90s, UWS.

3) Johnson 2/3  No chance, but I see what you did there, Thorsten, with happiness and Bonheur

4) Zaire 3/2 In case the country was named after a guy named Zaire

5) adolescent 0/1  A bad, bad miss

6) gouda 1/1 first cheese to pop into my head, didn't know it was Dutch, but didn't bother overthinking it

No comments:

Post a Comment