Fresh off a miraculous 3(1)-3(3) tie in LL, I had a surprise 6/6 today.
1) Black. I watched the first few seasons of Orphan Black with the amazing Tatiana Maslany, and had to decide which word to use. Letitia Wright being in Black Panther didn't help me for the Emmy Awards. I couldn't think of any other Orphan shows, but I did think of Orange is the New Black and I hoped Uzo Aduba was in it.
2) Lottery 2/1 A favorite of mine in middle school. I never realized it was a 20th century story, thought it was 1800s
3) Cation 0/3 Cation and anions, like cathodes and anodes
4) Great Barrier Reef 1/0 Since my school district will not be teaching my kids social studies or science this year, I've had to take up the slack. I'm currently reading this book to my kids, so this was a gimme.
5) Greece 2/2 Shocked to get this correct. I was going to submit Peoplewhosemusicisterrible, but thought that was an unlikely name for a song even if it is an apt description of the artists. I decided instead to go with a random European country, and chose my incorrect answer from yesterday's Cry of Dolores question.
6) Triptych 3/1 Sometimes comic books have interconnecting covers to form a larger image. Pretty sure I learned this term from the 1980's Inferno crossover between the Uncanny X-Men, X-Factor, and the New Mutants.
No comments:
Post a Comment