Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Seif Day 20

2/6, and lucky to walk away with that.  I worried this was a zero day for me.  I had 5 guesses where I thought I had at least some shot, but I didn't feel good about any of them.

1. Macaroni :), D10.  Like everyone who gets this, I assume, I got it from the song "Yankee Doodle."  But I also wasn't confident because the song says that the feather, not the person, is called macaroni.  But since it wasn't like I had any other guess, I went with that.

2. Bigelow :(, D11.  This was the one where I knew I had no real shot.  I recognized that Clueless was one of the movies and (somehow) knew it had a female director, but I had no clue who it was, nor could I think of a reasonable guess.

3. Unicorn :), D22.  Only good moment of the day for me.  I recognized the prefix "mono," and my first thought was cyclops.  But then I thought that a single eye vs. two eyes is kind of a lot of detail for a constellation, so I went with unicorn instead.

4. Titus :(, D21.  I had no idea, which is rare for me on a world history question.  This seemed like it had a shot.

5. Rockies :(, D33.  One in 30 shot.  Probably wouldn't be Padres, so one in 29.

6. Dance :(, D02.  Seemed like a reasonable guess, but no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment