5/6, and I'm kind of annoyed at myself for missing the last one. My first chance to play against Debbie in any form, but unfortunately (for her) the questions struck me as all very similar and for a second day in a row very much in my wheelhouse. Since I found these questions all very similar, defense was hard for me.
1. Gorilla :), D20. I wonder how many people, like me, have never heard of the actor or the movie but were familiar with the gorilla/luggage commercial. That's the only reason I got this. I did worry a bit that the answer would be orangutan or something like that, but other than getting tripped up there, I was pretty certain.
2. St. Vincent :), D02. Gimme if you know the name of the country St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
3. Russia, Japan :), D12. Straight down the middle world history question that I knew well. I'm very curious how hard this plays. How many people know the location of Sakhalin? If one does, the choice set goes down dramatically to Russia, China, Japan, and maybe Korea.
4. Salieri :), D11. Amadeus is a great movie. Gimme for anyone who's familiar with it.
5. Mecca :), D21. I wasn't sure here, but I knew this was a holy site in Islam. Given that, I went with the obvious guess.
6. Timing belt :(, D33. Kicking myself a bit here. I should have known this. Debbie, don't tell Hillary that I didn't get this. She barely trusts my opinion on car-related questions as it is. I feel good about how I'll score here, since this is not the logical place to give me a D3.
No comments:
Post a Comment