Monday, September 21, 2020

Seif Day 23 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

3/6.  Hard day for me, so glad to get 3.  I can't believe this season is almost done.  It seems like it went so fast.

1. Estonia :), D20.  Tricky question.  I knew Estonia was the smallest of the Baltics.  I was worried about Central Asian countries, but I wasn't confident I knew which was the smallest of them.  I should also have considered Armenia but didn't and got away with it.  I ended up going with Estonia because I was at least sure it was the smallest in the region.  There are very few people I'd give D0 on this, but Mirkin is one of them.

2. Tree :(, D22.  No idea.

3. Christie :), D13.  There was only one female crime/mystery writer from the early/mid-20th century that I could have gotten.  So it was Agatha Christie or bust.

4. Final Fantasy :(, D31.  I figured this was more likely a sports series, but I didn't know the name of any (other than Madden, which this certainly was not).  If I'd known there could be a name as simple as "FIFA," I would have taken a wild guess, but I figured it was not something easily guessable.

5. Prince :(, D12.  No idea.

6. Occam :), D01.  Probably never before has the "sounds like" rule been more important to a question, since Occam's Razor is the term, but the town was actually spelled differently.  But given that the sounds like rule exists, this seems like it won't play that hard.  I'm guessing most people who get this spell it like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment