Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Jesse Day 25

3/6. With a win today I take 1st place in C Winward. Not sure this will be enough. 

1. Roger Deakins has been nominated for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography fifteen times, finally winning the 2017 award on his fourteenth nomination, and again for a film from 2019. Name either of these films, neither of which are set in the present day, and which have a certain titular similarity.
Correct Answer: BLADE RUNNER 2049, 1917
Your Answer: Dunkirk
Points Assigned: 2

I was just talking about Blade Runner 2049 earlier this week. I did not see 1917. No way I was getting this. 

2. The "Rowdy Friends" from a (rather dated) 1984 music video include George Jones driving a riding lawnmower, Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson playing poker, and Jim Varney being transported via bovine. What country artist sings the song in the video?
Correct Answer: HANK WILLIAMS, JR.
Your Answer: Dolly Pardon
Points Assigned: 3

Oh, him. 

3. The protagonist of Charles Dickens' Little Dorrit, the title character of Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, and one of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women all share what first name?
Correct Answer: AMY
Your Answer: Mary
Points Assigned: 2

I saw Gone Girl, but I did not remember much. Also, I preferred the sequel, Bye Boy. 

4. The fox with the largest ears (each one up to six inches long), which help it disperse body heat in the dry and hot climate of the Sahara Desert, is actually the smallest of all fox species, at just 16 inches from tip to tail. What is this alliteratively named fox?
Correct Answer: FENNEC FOX
Your Answer: Fennick Fox
Points Assigned: 0

Seems like a gimmie. 

5. What single country fills in both blanks in this partial, chronological list of sports pairs: \ ...England/England, Mexico/Brazil, West Germany/West Germany, Argentina/Argentina, Spain/Italy, Mexico/Argentina, Italy/West Germany, USA/Brazil, ______/______, Japan & South Korea/Brazil... \ (Note, just one answer is required.)
Correct Answer: FRANCE
Your Answer: France
Points Assigned: 1

I clearly remember watching the finals in a youth hostel in Beijing. 

6. In English, the training uniform used in various Japanese martial arts (e.g., aikido, karate, jujutsu, etc.) is most-often referred to by what two-letter word?
Correct Answer: GI
Your Answer: Gi
Points Assigned: 1

First thing that came into my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment