Thursday, September 10, 2020

Seif Day 16 vs. Ben (LL) and Brad (LLL)

4/6 today.  These questions struck me as hard but also mostly in my wheelhouse.  I think I've gone through at least a week of questions that were extremely friendly to me, so I'm worried about the rest of the season holds.  But for today, I think the US-based nature of questions should make this a very tough day for Ben.  Brad beat me when we played earlier this season in LLL and, I believe, had at least a .500 record against me last season, so I'm hoping I can exact some revenge today.

1. Bucky Ball :), D01.  This should give Ben no problem.  Not as sure about Brad.  If you don't know it, I don't see how you can come up with it.

2. Rothko :(, D23.  I didn't think Rothko quite worked here, but I had no better guess.  I've heard of Mondrian, but I had zero chance of recalling his name or connecting it with the answer.

3. Liberty :), D10.  Gimme for me.  I suspect gimme for Brad.  Ben is far less attuned to US current events like this, so I'm not so sure.

4. Mississippi Delta :), D22.  I knew that this was the name for the northwestern part of the state.  The rest of the question meant nothing to me.  I think this plays hard for both Brad and Ben.

5. Ireland :(, D32.  I had no idea.  I'm sure I wouldn't have guessed South Africa even if I'd had ten guesses.

6. Title 9 :), D11.  I've never heard of the clothing company, but I've certainly heard of the US law that contains it.  This is a pretty well-known term, so I'm guessing Ben and Brad both get it and that it turns out to be the easiest question of the day statistically.

No comments:

Post a Comment