Friday, September 18, 2020

Seif Day 22

3/6.  Disappointing because I thought I'd done better when I submitted.

1. Medley :), D12.  I've watched enough Olympic swimming (not this year...) to know this word.  I suspect this plays easy.

2. Omnibus :), D21.  About as much of a gimme as can be for me.  My dissertation frequently referred to the various omnibus bills the US has passed.  I really have no idea how hard this plays.

3. Paris :(, D01.  Very disappointed here.  I walked right into the trap, since I knew the last painting was a scene from Paris.  Not that I could have gotten it right if I'd known Paris wasn't the right answer.  I suspect this question is much harder than I thought.  By sheer luck, my LL opponent happens to be from Chicago, and I gave her a D0.  Let's see if that ends up working out well for me.

4. Nike :(, D20.  I had no idea.  Too bad, since there weren't all that many reasonable guesses.

5. Oakley :(, D33.  Another frustrating one.  I had never heard of the term "Five Moons," but if Thorsten had mentioned that they were all ballerinas (which would not have made the question all that much easier), then I would have gotten it.  I've heard of the Tallchiefs and knew that they were American Indian ballerinas.

6. Ibid :), D12.  I went through a few Latin terms in my head like this, considering etcetera, et al., and circa, but as soon as I thought of ibid. I knew it was almost certainly correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment