Thursday, September 3, 2020

Dave M day 12 v Carr LLL

I think it’s a 4/6 today for me, maybe a 3. Interested to see the spread of scores so far – 1 through to 6! Intrigued to see where Ben comes out on these questions.

 

1 : ) Pig. Seems like a gimme for science and business types? D00

2 : ) Texas. The original 6 flags is in DFW area. Named after the 6 flags that have historically flown over Texas – Spain, France, Mexico, Texas, Confederate, and USA. A friend tells me when she was growing up here they had 6 ‘lands’ at the park, one for each flag, including confederate land… unsurprisingly that no longer exists, nor does the convention of flying the 6 flags at the entrance. D12

3 : ( Peak. I had no chance with this one, although I did at least guess an alpine feature. D21

4 : ( Davis. Not knowing very many Jazz legends, just defaulted to Miles Davis. D33

5 : ) Byzantium. I’m 99% sure this will be marked as correct. D11

6 : ) Earnest. I played Jack in a production of The Importance of Being Earnest in high school. D22

No comments:

Post a Comment