Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Seif Day 19 vs. Steiny (LLL)

4/6, which I'm very happy with because these were not good categories for me.  I should be relatively easy to defend, not that any of us will be able to read about it today since Steiny can't deign to post on this blog anymore...

1. Black :), D00.  I somehow knew that Uzo Aduba was in "Orange Is the New Black."  That was the key, but I then had to decide which word in the title to choose.  Black seemed like the best idea, since it's probably more common than orange.  I didn't consider new, but maybe I should have.  I was excited that this could draw the D3 for me, but that was only until I saw the other questions.  My D00 is not because I think this is easy but just because of my opponents.

2. Murder :(, D21.  I had no idea.

3. Cation :), D32.  I wrote anion and then thankfully realized my mistake.  My chemistry has evidently gotten rusty but is still good enough for this question.

4. Great Barrier Reef :), D11.  This seemed so easy and obvious that I thought for a while to see if there was something I was missing.  But other than that, gimme.

5. Spain :(, D12.  At least I had some shot by knowing it was the name of a European country.  Without that, I'd have had zero chance whatsoever.

6. Triptic :), D23.  I only learned this word (but evidently not how to spell it) a few years ago when I heard about an art sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment