Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Seif Day 10 vs. Mirkin (LLL)

3/6.  Thorsten is a more generous grader than I would be, so there's an outside shot I get 4.  I am not at all confident about my performance today, since I think both of my opponents should do well.

1. Factorial :), D22.  Like nearly everyone else who will get this, it was the punctuation that did it for me!  It killed me to give 2s on defense here, but I didn't see any other choice.

2. Brazil :), D11.  I've heard of them, and the timing was also right, so I was certain on this one.

3. Chesapeake Bay :), D00.  Gimme.

4. Dram :(, D11.  I'm surprised I even got this close.  I definitely wouldn't give myself credit here, but Thorsten has been more generous than I would be sometimes.  I had zero chance of getting the actual right answer.  Thanks to Mirkin for mentioning yesterday that he lived in Scotland for two years so I could give him low D.

5. Von Trapp Bundle :(, D32.  No clue at all.

6. The Diplomat :(, D23.  Also no clue at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment