Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Seif Day 15

6/6, and no one is more surprised by that result than I am.  Two straight up guesses I was nearly certain were wrong, one of which where everything I thought about the question was wrong except for the answer.  My only regret is that I didn't get this tomorrow, when I'm playing Ben in LL.

1. Starmer :), D12.  A current events question?  I didn't realize Thorsten was still doing these.  This one was as much of a gimme as could be for me.

2. Malone :), D23.  Happy to get this.  I took a pretty roundabout path on it and spent more time on this question than any other.  But once I thought of Moses and Karl Malone, I was pretty sure this was right.

3. Elizabeth :), D32.  Never have I gotten a question right that I more deserved to get wrong.  Every thought I had about this was wrong.  First, I guessed this was a reference to Little Women.  (It's not.)  But that didn't help since I didn't know the names of any of the characters.  Then--and I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it--I remembered there was a Friends episode where Joey reads Little Women and Rachel mentions a character named Beth.  So I changed Beth to the full Elizabeth, and that's how I got my answer.

4. Western Sahara :), D21.  Gimme for me, but I could see this playing hard.

5. Marathon :), D10.  I would have kicked myself if I'd missed this.  The "18 miles" in the question should have been a clue, but I didn't really pick up on it until after I'd figured it out.  But the name Pheidippides rang a bell, and that was what did it for me.

6. Night Shades :), D01.  Shocked to get this.  I thought I knew what nightshades were, and I didn't think this was it.  But I couldn't think of any other answer, so I took a shot with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment