Ben, I guess there are worse things than being compared to looking like a professional boxer (or, Debbie, an FBI agent). I can't say I really see the facial resemblance, but given the amount of bodybuilding I've been doing during the pandemic, I totally see the similarity in my arm and chest muscles. Anyway...
6/6. Boom! And it's all the more sweet that it's on a day I face Brian (LLL). I was pretty confident I had 5 when I submitted, but no one was more surprised than I was that I got the pop music question. Since there's virtually no way Brian will miss the question for which I gave him zero, I'm confident I'll win unless he also gets all 6, but that said, I found defense very hard.
1. Pig :), D23. I'm not sure this is quite as hard as my D indicates. I had to examine this years ago (when I worked at a different company) because of its effect on commodity prices, so I knew it right away. But had it not been for that, I would have had no idea, as I'd never heard of it prior to that.
2. Texas :), D21. I knew Six Flags was headquartered in Texas. But until I looked it up afterwords, I had no idea what the name meant. Had I not known it was Texas, I probably would have gone with Maryland given the craziness that is that state's flag.
3. Saddle :), D00. Gimme if you've done some multivariable calculus. If not, possibly very hard. But I can't imagine it gives either Brian or my LL opponent much trouble.
4. Gillespie :), D31. I was content to consider it a moral victory that I could come up with any jazz legend at all. This was nothing but a wild guess, but from a very, very small set (possibly a set containing just one name) of jazz legends I could think of. And I only know who Dizzie Gillespie is because my 5th grade teacher spoke to the class about him at length when he passed away. Otherwise, there's no way.
5. Byzantine :), D12. Very much a gimme for me. I'm curious to see the correct percent here.
6. Earnest :), D12. I recognized the pattern of "the importance of being..." in the question, and this popped right into my head. No way Thorsten would put those exact words in there like that unless it was a reference to "The Importance of Being Earnest."
No comments:
Post a Comment