Thursday, September 17, 2020

Seif Day 21

4/6, which I'm pretty happy about, since I again found these pretty hard.  But looking at my opponents' strengths, these will be even harder for them.  I've won both of the past two days with fewer correct answers than my opponent and despite decidedly lackluster defense on my part this season.  Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

1. XFL :(, D11.  I clearly misread the question slightly, but I would have had no chance even if I had read it correctly.

2. Olympus :), D22.  Gimme for me, but no way to figure this out if you don't know it.

3. Rocky :), D02.  This is clearly easy for a film question, but that simply means I had a chance.  I debated between Godfather and this, but "inspirational" is what led me to Rocky.

4. Sodium Carbonate :), D33.  Getting this one was very satisfying.  I didn't know the history, but I think this is very gettable for those who know some chemistry.  Limestone is calcium carbonate.  Clearly the Cl in NaCl can't replace the Ca, so that left the Na replacing it, and that would be sodium carbonate.  Of course, it could always have been something far more complicated, in which case I'd have had no chance.

5. Champagne :), D10.  I suspect this will be by far the easiest question of the day.

6. Sinclair :(, D21.  No clue.

PS Welcome back, Gideon!

No comments:

Post a Comment