Thursday, September 10, 2020

Ben Day 16 v Seif and Pelc

As soon as I saw the questions I felt like I was behind the 8 ball v Seif. Let's play it out.

1 :) buckyball D11. 0(1)-1(1).
2 :) Mondrian. D23. I really hoped Seif would throw me a 3 here.  A friend of mine invented a programming language which has programs that look like Mondrian art. https://esolangs.org/wiki/Piet . 2(2)-1(1)
3 :( Penn St. D00. I feel like Penn St was in the news. I've never heard of Liberty. 2(2)-1(2).
4 :( Bayou. D21 I've heard of the Mississippi Delta (shoutout to Paul Simon's Graceland), but I figured it was in the south of the state, it being a delta and all. 2(2)-3(3).
5 :( Sweden. D32. South Africa was one of my first thoughts, but I eventually settled on Sweden because of the Harold and the surname ending in gard. 2(2)-3(3)
6 :( Lulu Lemon. D12. Never heard of the clothing company, but Title 9 rings a bell. I figured I was looking for a person's name. 2(2)-4(4).

I could have snuck a draw with Mississippi Delta or a win with South Africa, but sadly I did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment