2/6
Creme Puff, 0 points
MACARONI
I guess a creme puff would be more French.
2. Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Forest Whitaker, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, Nicolas Cage, Alicia Silverstone, Brittany Murphy, Paul Rudd, and Donald Faison were among the up-and-coming (or still unknown) actors who appeared in films by what director?
Crowe, 1 Point
AMY HECKERLING
2. Sean Penn, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Phoebe Cates, Forest Whitaker, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, Nicolas Cage, Alicia Silverstone, Brittany Murphy, Paul Rudd, and Donald Faison were among the up-and-coming (or still unknown) actors who appeared in films by what director?
Crowe, 1 Point
AMY HECKERLING
I knew two of the movies were Fast Times at Ridgemont High (written by Crowe) and Clueless, which had nothing to do with Crowe as far as I know. I have never heard of Heckering. I am guessing there is some degree of male chauvinism involved in that.
3. Monoceros, a mythical creature and the name of a constellation in the celestial equator, is also known by what English translation of the term?
Unicorn, 1 point
UNICORN
4. The fifth and seventh Etruscan kings of Rome, the latter of whose reign ended in 509 BCE (and ended the Roman Kingdom), shared what name (nomen), followed immediately by Priscus and Superbus respectively?
Romulus, 2 points
TARQUIN (TARQUINIUS)
5. The National Women's Soccer League team located in Utah has a name based on that of its affiliated MLS team—and a name which, (perhaps) unrelatedly, it shares with a team in Major League Baseball. What is that name?
Rockies, 2 points
ROYALS
6. Blind Blake's Southern _____, Blind Boy Fuller's _____ Mama _____, Blind Willie McTell's Georgia _____, Blind Willie Walker's South Carolina _____, William Moore's Barbershop _____, and Michigan J. Frog's Michigan _____—what single word fills in all of the blanks in these song titles?
Rag, 3 points
3. Monoceros, a mythical creature and the name of a constellation in the celestial equator, is also known by what English translation of the term?
Unicorn, 1 point
UNICORN
I had Cyclops, but it did not seem right to me. My daughter is obsessed with unicorns and that has one associated with it too.
4. The fifth and seventh Etruscan kings of Rome, the latter of whose reign ended in 509 BCE (and ended the Roman Kingdom), shared what name (nomen), followed immediately by Priscus and Superbus respectively?
Romulus, 2 points
TARQUIN (TARQUINIUS)
I had no chance. I thought Romulus was a great answer.
5. The National Women's Soccer League team located in Utah has a name based on that of its affiliated MLS team—and a name which, (perhaps) unrelatedly, it shares with a team in Major League Baseball. What is that name?
Rockies, 2 points
ROYALS
I had no idea.
6. Blind Blake's Southern _____, Blind Boy Fuller's _____ Mama _____, Blind Willie McTell's Georgia _____, Blind Willie Walker's South Carolina _____, William Moore's Barbershop _____, and Michigan J. Frog's Michigan _____—what single word fills in all of the blanks in these song titles?
Rag, 3 points
RAG
I got it from Rag Mama Rag, and it was confirmed with all of those states' names. My friend Ethan is a 3-time old-timey piano world champion: https://www.uslanmusic.com/videos.html
No comments:
Post a Comment