Hey, thanks for having me -- old friend of David Seif's and LL newb. Finally worked up the courage to post!
Today 2, maybe 3 out of 6.
1. CORRECT (??) Paddington. Didn't write station, will they still give me the points? Had Paddington Bear spoons and plates when i was a child! 1
2. (INCORRECT) The day the Earth Stood Still -- thought New Mexico means Aliens and guessed 0
3. (INCORRECT) Grand theft auto. Never heard of that game, I had a ten-year hiatus from gaming in the 00s 3
4. (CORRECT) Harmonics. All those years playing the violin and learning to apply the gentlest pressure! 2
5. (INCORRECT) Bowl. Ha, no clue. More interested in drinking the cocktail than in knowing the tools used to make it! 2
6. (CORRECT) Calhoun, Clay, Webster. When I was a teenager I was really into antebellum history. Took me a second to be sure Webster was from MA, for some reason I thought he was from NH. Because he was, before MA! When I was a student I used to go hiking in the Whites, and there was a sign in the parking lot along the lines of "It's common for craftsmen to lay out images of their wares to let customers know where to find what they need, so you see a cobbler with a big shoe sign or a tailor with a suit. In NH, G-d created mountains to show that here, he creates men." and it was attributed to Webster, congressman from NH. 1
welcome! I, too, am a relatively new David Seif referral. And as a proud Dartmouth grad, can see how you might have associated Daniel Webster with NH - he is an alum too. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteha thanks!
ReplyDelete