Monday, March 23, 2020

Jesse day 24

4/6

1. The most widely used active ingredients in antiperspirants are compounds—usually a chlorohydrate or a zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly—of what metallic element?
Correct Answer: ALUMINUM
Your Answer: Aluminum
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I was looking into whether I should get an aluminum free deodorant just the other day. 

2. Of the debt instruments issued within the United States by the U.S. Treasury, the securities issued for maturity in the intermediate time frame—offered in 2-, 3-, 5-, 7-, and 10-year maturities—are most typically known by what name? The closely-watched 10-year version is used as a benchmark for calculating mortgage rates.
Correct Answer: TREASURY NOTE (T-NOTE)
Your Answer: Short Term
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I knew this was gettable, but I could not come of with it. 

3. [Redacted] \ Way down in Egyptland \ Tell old Pharaoh \ To let my people go. \ What three words complete the redacted first line in this African American spiritual?
Correct Answer: GO DOWN, MOSES
Your Answer: Go down Moses
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I am familiar with it.

4. The _______ of Louise Nevelson: Constructing a Legend was the title of a 2007 exhibition at The Jewish Museum in New York City, as well as a subsequently published book celebrating the artist's work. In what branch of visual arts, which fills in the blank in the title, did Nevelson achieve the majority of her success?
Correct Answer: SCULPTURE
Your Answer: architecture
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I was trying to decide between sculpture and architecture. I went the wrong way. 

5. Though it is attributed to him, there is actually no historical evidence that what long-serving monarch actually made the declaration which translates to English as "I am the state"?
Correct Answer: LOUIS XIV
Your Answer: Louis 14th
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

Total guess. 

6. What "roared" in the title of a British comedy film from 1959 that starred Peter Sellers as a clumsy field marshal, an opulent grand duchess, and the prime minister of the European Duchy of Grand Fenwick?
Correct Answer: THE MOUSE (THAT ROARED)
Your Answer: Mouse
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I think my answer will be accepted. I am familiar with the movie even though I never saw it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment