Friday, March 6, 2020

Jesse day 13

3 or 4 of 6. 

1. 1926's "Blue Skies", 1938's "God Bless America", and 1942's "White Christmas" are all works of what Russian-born American composer, who has a total of over 800 songwriting credits to his name?
Correct Answer: IRVING BERLIN
Your Answer: Berlin
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I knew it from White Christmas.

2. Likely the most-reproduced work in an artistic genre known as Ukiyo-e is a woodblock from circa 1830 by Katsushika Hokusai that depicts what, per the print's popular title?
Correct Answer: (GREAT) WAVE
Your Answer: Tsunami
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I hope I get credit for this. 

3. Among a group of six 20th-century English aristocratic socialite sisters were authors Jessica, who wrote Hons and Rebels (1960) and The American Way of Death (1963), and Nancy, who wrote Love in a Cold Climate (1949) and edited Noblesse Oblige: An Enquiry Into the Identifiable Characteristics of the English Aristocracy (1966). What was the sisters' last name?
Correct Answer: MITFORD
Your Answer: Smith
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Never heard of any of these books or writers. 

4. The real name of the main character in what comic/tragic television series is never actually revealed during its critically acclaimed two-season run that concluded in 2019, with the character only known by the audience as the show's title through the end?
Correct Answer: FLEABAG
Your Answer: Fleabag
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I watched both seasons. The second season was outstanding. 

5. A Joseph Haydn equivalent to Mozart's Köchel, Bach's BWV, and Schubert's Deutsch shares its name with what "mile square" city in northern New Jersey?
Correct Answer: HOBOKEN
Your Answer: Hoboken
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I grew up in Northern NJ. Hoboken seemed right. I considered Newark, Jersey City and Edison. 

6. What game, which was created by William Schaper in 1948 and is today produced and marketed by Hasbro, is without a doubt the most popular game in the genre of plastic bug assembly?
Correct Answer: COOTIE
Your Answer: Ants in my pants
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Never heard of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment