Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Jesse day 20

4/6

1. An intensity scale known as the Mercalli Scale, and later the Modified Mercalli Scale, has been made obsolete by modern technology and primarily replaced by what other, logarithmic scale, developed in 1935?
Correct Answer: RICHTER SCALE
Your Answer: Richter
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Richter fit well here. 

2. What novel is known in its native language as Война и мир (Vojna i mir)?
Correct Answer: WAR AND PEACE
Your Answer: War and Peace
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I knew it was Russian and three words. If figured the middle letter represented and, so War and Peace made sense. Glad it wasn't crime and punishment. 

3. Cliff Hangers, a game whose yodeling character has no official name but has been called Hans, Fritz, and Sven among other names, is most closely associated with what television show?
Correct Answer: THE PRICE IS RIGHT
Your Answer: South Park
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

Shoot, this was very gettable. I only see clips of Price of Right these days when someone does something crazy. 

4. A term in common law for movable or transferable property shares an etymology with a word commonly used today for certain livestock. What is this legal term?
Correct Answer: CHATTEL
Your Answer: Chattle
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

This a guess. I wasn't positive what Chattle meant, but had heard the termed used before. 

5. President Lyndon B. Johnson was given congressional authorization to take conventional military action in Southeast Asia in August 1964 after an alleged North Vietnamese attack on US warships in what body of water (after which the legislative measure was popularly named)?
Correct Answer: GULF OF TONKIN
Your Answer: Gulf of Tonkin
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

My only struggle was trying to remember if it was Tomkan, Tonkan, Tomkon, or Tonkon, etc. I guessed right. 

6. The Detroit Pistons NBA franchise was founded in 1941 in what other city, where it played until relocating roughly three hours to the northeast in 1957?
Correct Answer: FORT WAYNE (INDIANA)
Your Answer: Cleveland
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I wasn't going to pull this, but I did read about it. I knew Cleveland wasn't right, but geographically it made sense to me. I should have marked this 3 for both opponents instead of 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment