Thursday, March 19, 2020

Jesse day 22

4/6

1. What is the name for the common tomato-based sauce in Italian cuisine, believed to have been invented in Naples in the mid-twentieth century, that is typically prepared with black olives, capers, anchovies, and red pepper?
Correct Answer: PUTTANESCA
Your Answer: Puttanesca
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I wasn't positive, but I did not have a better answer. 

2. Give the fourth item missing in the list of the Varna system: Shudras, Vaishyas, Kshatriyas, _________.
Correct Answer: BRAHMINS
Your Answer: Krishnas
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I had no idea. 

3. A demonym is a word that denotes natives or residents of a particular place—e.g., Canadian, Chinese, Nigerian, Nigerien, Pakistani, Venezuelan. Correctly spell the demonym that identifies a native or resident of the nation of Cyprus.
Correct Answer: CYPRIOT
Your Answer: Cypriot
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I just knew this. 

4. What name is missing in this partial, alphabetized WMO nomenclature list, accurate in 1993 and 1999? ...Floyd, Gert, Harvey, Irene, Jose, _____, Lenny, Maria, Nate...
Correct Answer: KATRINA
Your Answer: Kevin
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Bad miss. I didn't realize we were talking about hurricanes. I just did not think this one through at all. 

5. Memories of Murder (2003), The Host (2006), and Snowpiercer (2013) are English titles of films directed and cowritten by what Oscar-winner?
Correct Answer: BONG JOON-HO
Your Answer: Joon-hu
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I knew it from Snowpiercer. 

6. The musician and DJ Norman Cook, who was previously in the bands The Housemartins, Beats International, and Freak Power, and had a solo hit in 1999 with "Praise You", is known by what oxymoronic stage name?
Correct Answer: FATBOY SLIM
Your Answer: Fatboy Slim
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I knew Praise You with a Fatboy Slim hit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment