Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Seif Day 10

Very pleasantly surprised to get 4/6 today.  I found these quite hard.

1. Memphis :(, D21.  No clue here.

2. Ford :), D20.  Clearly written to be deliberately tricky, and I admit it almost fooled me.  If one didn't know that Ford was on the Warren Commission (which is hardly central to his legacy), this would be very hard unless you actually remember the book he wrote.

3. Banana Republic :), D12.  Didn't know this, but it seemed like a good guess.  Glad to get it, but wasn't expecting to.

4. Chariot :(, D13.  No chance here.  I thought steeplechase was just a kind of footrace (for people).

5. Discus throw :), D01.  Again, didn't know this, there's sort of an iconic image of a discus thrower, so I thought that might be this.  I also considered wrestling.

6. House :), D32.  What?!  This is right?  I vaguely remembered there was/is some show named House about weird medical things.  Really didn't expect to get this.

No comments:

Post a Comment