Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Brian Day 21 vs Dave M

Wow, 4/6 but I was sure of only 1 when I submitted.  Which makes me worry today was easier than I thought....

1) Dead Mans Curve.  I got stuck on Route 66 until just before submitting, even though I knew it was wrong.  Then I thought of a generic name for a dangerous stretch of road, and I figured it was better than Route 66, even though it was certainly wrong as well, as there’s no way that’s the name of a surf rock song.  Lucky lucky guess. But I don’t like my defense.  3/3

2) Equatorial Guinea.  Was between this and Sao  Tome and Principe, and was pretty sure ST&P is pure islands. Still was not at all confident.  0/0

3) Blue Dress.  The only gimme of the day, I remember commercials for the Denzel movie.  It’s also a great song.  1/2

4) Under Siege 2. Was between this and Speed.  Tetris is the last video game I’ve played.  I’ve heard that the Goldeneye game is legendary, but I’ve never seen it. 1/2

5) Condor.  Again, a wild guess that I knew had to be wrong, given that i thought it was a North American bird, and Three Days of the Condor was around this time and would be quite a coincidental name.  Lucky again. 2/1

6) George.  Just didn’t remember.  2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment