4/6 today. Three gimmes, one that I had to think about, and no chance at the others. If Pelc loses to me and Gideon wins in LLL, Gideon will win LLL for the fourth time, with his only non-win being the season he didn't play. So, we'll see if I was able to play spoiler.
1. Tacos :), D11. Gimme for me as a dad with kids of a certain age.
2. Income Tax :), D11. Gimme.
3. Horn of Africa :), D22. Gimme.
4. O'Keefe :(, D23. No chance here. I was debating between Kahlo, where I was pretty sure the timing didn't quite work, and O'Keefe. But I never considered the right answer.
5. Black Panther :), D00. Very happy to get this. I actually thought this was 2017, and if the question had simply been which movie was the top grossing in 2018, I would have put down Avengers. But I couldn't think of anything else it could be, so I went with Black Panther. I doubt this will give either of my opponents nearly as much trouble as it gave me.
6. Arc :(, D32. No clue here at all. I've never heard of an "are." The fact that I was only one letter off was a pure coincidence. (Now that I see Brad's post, though, I realize that "are" is related to "hectare," which I have heard of, and now the answer makes sense to me.)
Great season, everyone. It feels like it just started. Until August 28!
1. Tacos :), D11. Gimme for me as a dad with kids of a certain age.
2. Income Tax :), D11. Gimme.
3. Horn of Africa :), D22. Gimme.
4. O'Keefe :(, D23. No chance here. I was debating between Kahlo, where I was pretty sure the timing didn't quite work, and O'Keefe. But I never considered the right answer.
5. Black Panther :), D00. Very happy to get this. I actually thought this was 2017, and if the question had simply been which movie was the top grossing in 2018, I would have put down Avengers. But I couldn't think of anything else it could be, so I went with Black Panther. I doubt this will give either of my opponents nearly as much trouble as it gave me.
6. Arc :(, D32. No clue here at all. I've never heard of an "are." The fact that I was only one letter off was a pure coincidence. (Now that I see Brad's post, though, I realize that "are" is related to "hectare," which I have heard of, and now the answer makes sense to me.)
Great season, everyone. It feels like it just started. Until August 28!
No comments:
Post a Comment