Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Pelc Day 15 vs. Gideon (LLL)

I did a few days of Advanced Access because of the holiday and then traveling for work with mixed results. 
Back on schedule today with a very satisfying 5/6.

1. :( - I had no shot here and I'm hoping this is a gimme for my two opponents who are both very strong in math. D0/0

2. :) - I wasn't positive here but had a vague recollection of the Reed/mosquito-borne illness connection and obviously knew there was a hospital or two named after him. D1/1

3. :) - Had this on my phone for a bit. Happy I no longer do. Took a risk on D here. D2/3

4. :) - It was between Bounty or Caine and Herman Wouk's recent death was enough for me to skip the coin flip. Was happy to get this one, especially since I never read The Caine Mutiny. As a side note, Wouk was a fascinating guy. Like me, a Jew and a Fire Island frequenter. I recommend reading up on him. D3/2

5. :) - Not sure what else it could be. I think I defended this poorly.  D2/2

6. :) - Just knew this one. D1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment