Over today and the next two days, four of my six opponents are Ben and Brian twice each. Should be fun!
3/6 today, but I feel as though this day was almost a disaster for me. We'll see if this holds up against Brian in LLL today.
1. Identity :), D30. Gimmeish. Brian is better at math LL questions than I am, so I can't imagine this giving him much trouble.
2. Reed :), D11. Phew! I really didn't know the history here, but I couldn't think of anyone else who could fit the bill. Actually, I didn't even know that Walter Reed was a doctor, just that the huge military hospital was named after him. But that was enough to put the answer down. I wonder whether I screwed up on D and should have given more points or if I just found this harder than most people despite it being in American history, one of my best categories.
3. Minecraft :(, D12. No clue here. This was my only guess.
4. Bounty :(, D22. This was a bad guess. It's also frustrating because I'm currently reading a Herman Wouk novel (who wrote The Caine Mutiny), but that wasn't of any help to me.
5. Charge of the Light Brigade :), D01. Gimme. I'm wondering if this is going to be a question 90% of people get right, or whether it's not as easy as I think.
6. Dancing Ladies :(, D23. Dammit! I knew this term but couldn't think of the first word. I don't know why I didn't realize it was the "obvious" word. I really never had a chance here. I was considering dancing and other similar words. I never thought of "painted."
3/6 today, but I feel as though this day was almost a disaster for me. We'll see if this holds up against Brian in LLL today.
1. Identity :), D30. Gimmeish. Brian is better at math LL questions than I am, so I can't imagine this giving him much trouble.
2. Reed :), D11. Phew! I really didn't know the history here, but I couldn't think of anyone else who could fit the bill. Actually, I didn't even know that Walter Reed was a doctor, just that the huge military hospital was named after him. But that was enough to put the answer down. I wonder whether I screwed up on D and should have given more points or if I just found this harder than most people despite it being in American history, one of my best categories.
3. Minecraft :(, D12. No clue here. This was my only guess.
4. Bounty :(, D22. This was a bad guess. It's also frustrating because I'm currently reading a Herman Wouk novel (who wrote The Caine Mutiny), but that wasn't of any help to me.
5. Charge of the Light Brigade :), D01. Gimme. I'm wondering if this is going to be a question 90% of people get right, or whether it's not as easy as I think.
6. Dancing Ladies :(, D23. Dammit! I knew this term but couldn't think of the first word. I don't know why I didn't realize it was the "obvious" word. I really never had a chance here. I was considering dancing and other similar words. I never thought of "painted."
No comments:
Post a Comment