Thursday, June 20, 2019

Brian day 21 vs Dave M

2/6 and can't believe how much time I spent on answers I had no chance of getting. Mirkin wins 3(2)-2(2)

1) succotash. Sufferin' succcotash! Not French, but i couldn't come up with it. Easy in retrospect.  0/2

2) great pyramid of Giza.  Really thought I had this. After first thinking Oklahoma City, I remembered a magician made a building disappear.  But then got in my head that the question asked for a structure, not a building, and was deciding between the pyramid, the statue of liberty and the eiffel tower.  Don't remember it being the Reichstag  1/1

3) aegis.  Really thought I had this too, even though I thought it was Greek. 3/0

4)  ain't too proud.  a toughie.  i wracked my brain for Temptations, and could only come up with My Girl and Ain't Too Proud To Beg, not the right number of words.  I finally was able to picture the commercial and hear the tune in my head, and I figured the song was actually titled Ain't Too Proud. 1/3

5) Prison.  Lucky guess.  Wentworth sounds like Leavenworth.  Went with the low D for the down under connection despite Dave's low tv score.  2/1

6) Lansing.  No clue.  2/2


No comments:

Post a Comment