Thursday, June 20, 2019

Seif Day 21 vs. Kim (LLL)

Pulled off a surprising 4/6 despite missing my third geography question of the season (which for me is carnage in that category).  Got pretty lucky on some of the others.

Since Kim posted first, I get to tally the points.

1. Ratatouille :), D00.  Gimme, both in the ease of the question and as an imperative because it's delicious.  I think this question is relatively easy, but I gave it D00 mostly because of my opponents.
Kim-Seif
0(1)-0(1)

2. Reichstag :), D12.  Not sure how hard this is.  I knew about the Reichstag having been "wrapped" once in history as an art thing, but I was really convinced that this happened earlier than 1995.  I thought it was a pre-unification event.  Based on 1995, I considered going a completely different route with the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City (though I now see the timing was off by a couple of months).  Ultimately, I went with the Reichstag, though I'm not really sure why I chose that one.  It made D pretty hard, since I wasn't sure whether this was a history or an art question.  Bottom line, happy to get this.
Kim-Seif
0(1)-1(2)

3. Scutage :), D12.  This is a pretty recent addition to my trivia knowledge, as it was a topic in a book I read relatively recently.  Maybe this question will cause the term to really "stick" in my head.
Kim-Seif
0(1)-3(3)

4. Ease on Down :(, D23.  Nope!
Kim-Seif
0(1)-3(3)

5. Prison :), D21.  Totally random guess, but seems like a pretty logical random guess.
Kim-Seif
1(2)-5(4)

6. Saginaw :(, D31.  My third geography miss of the season, and US geography at that.  Terrible.  I'm serious, people, start giving me D3s on these.  I had no clue and would never have recalled Ypsilanti despite having spent a lot of time in Michigan not too far from there.  I see Kim went to Notre Dame, so I gave her a low D here.
Kim-Seif
1(2)-5(4)

Good game, Kim.  I'm sure you'll have many chances to exact revenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment