Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Seif Day 14 vs. Steiny (LLL)

4/6. These were pretty friendly questions for my strengths for the most part. 

1. Semitic :), D10. Gimme. 

2. Ricardo :), D22. Not sure how hard people will find this. Despite this being my subject, I actually found this a bit tricky. It is actually a misleading question, although perhaps it is intentionally so. I was almost certain that this was the title David Ricardo's main work. Plus the date of 1817 pretty much meant it could only be Ricardo or Malthus, and it certainly wasn't the latter. But what made it misleading is that Ricardo is far less famous for LTV than for other ideas that are very much mainstream and arguably quite anti-Marxist (not that such a distinction existed at the time). LTV is one of the few ideas of Ricardo's that is non-mainstream today.

3. Black panther :), D22. Didn't know this, but it really seemed like the only thing that made sense. Second Stokely Carmichael question in the past year or so. 

4. Fax Machine :(, D11. This was a bad guess on my part, but I wasn't going to get this right. 

5. Sepia :(, D33. No clue. 

6. Kamala Harris :), D01. Gimme for me. I'm very curious how people will do here. 


No comments:

Post a Comment