Thursday, June 6, 2019

Seif Day 11 vs. Brad (LLL)

3/6.  I found these pretty hard but had a couple of good guesses.  It's a rare thing for me to post after my opponent, so I'm going to enjoy getting to count the points in real time.

1. Iron Man :(, D02.  I really had no clue and just took a guess.  I think I can name three of them.  This is the second time my lack of Avengers knowledge has costs me this season.  I think I have to brush up.
Brad - Seif
2(1) - 0(0)

2. Ammonia :), D31.  Gimme for me.  I've taken a lot of chemistry.
Brad - Seif
2(1) - 1(1)

3. Lonely Planet :), D21.  This was a good guess on my part.  I felt like there just wasn't anything better to guess, but I didn't feel super confident.
Brad - Seif
2(1) - 3(2)

4. Hitler :(, D13.  No clue at all.
Brad - Seif
2(1) - 3(2)

5. Paella :), D10.  Yum indeed.
Brad - Seif
2(2) - 3(3)

6. Ghana :(, D22.  A rare straight-up geography miss for me.  Brad, it was gutsy to give me 2 points here, but it worked out.  I knew the general area of the Yoruba people and thought about this a lot.  I considered Nigeria, but then I realized that if that were the answer, that would imply that there are 40 million people in the Yoruba population, which struck me as way too high.  (It isn't.)  So I ended up putting Ghana.  I can't say I'm really kicking myself too much here.  I think my logic really did make sense but just didn't work out.  But I really do hate missing geography questions.
Brad - Seif
2(2) - 3(3)

Good, close match, Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment