Very solid 5/6. My LL opponent is not only first in the rundle but has such a huge lead that despite losing yesterday, even if he were to forfeit out the season he would still win by at least two points.
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's :), D11. Gimme. And funny.
2. San Martin :), D22. I spent a long time on this and am glad to have gotten it. I'd heard of San Martin and of Belgrano, and I didn't really know enough about them to know which it would be. I finally settled on San Martin because Belgrano was the name of the Argentinian ship sunk during the Falklands War, and I couldn't imagine Thorsten would write a long question about him but not mention that.
3. Pikachu :(, D31. I totally, totally forgot about Kirby even though I'd played Kirby video games plenty as a kid. It was just completely purged from my memory. Too bad, since it cost me a 6/6.
4. Ulster :), D00. No way I'm missing two UK questions in a row. I'm still mad about missing Tory.
5. Dean :), D13. I got this--surprisingly easily for me--due to two things. First was the article "the" in the question, as in there were only three. And, I knew that James Dean only did 3 movies (although I never could have named any of the characters) because I had a professor who used to call Frank Ramsey "the James Dean of academia" for publishing major works in 3 fields before dying in his 20s. This should be a good get for me.
6. High blood pressure :), D22. Pure guess, but given that it's "treating" (not curing) a "condition" (not a disease), this seems like one of the most logical guesses.
1. Breakfast at Tiffany's :), D11. Gimme. And funny.
2. San Martin :), D22. I spent a long time on this and am glad to have gotten it. I'd heard of San Martin and of Belgrano, and I didn't really know enough about them to know which it would be. I finally settled on San Martin because Belgrano was the name of the Argentinian ship sunk during the Falklands War, and I couldn't imagine Thorsten would write a long question about him but not mention that.
3. Pikachu :(, D31. I totally, totally forgot about Kirby even though I'd played Kirby video games plenty as a kid. It was just completely purged from my memory. Too bad, since it cost me a 6/6.
4. Ulster :), D00. No way I'm missing two UK questions in a row. I'm still mad about missing Tory.
5. Dean :), D13. I got this--surprisingly easily for me--due to two things. First was the article "the" in the question, as in there were only three. And, I knew that James Dean only did 3 movies (although I never could have named any of the characters) because I had a professor who used to call Frank Ramsey "the James Dean of academia" for publishing major works in 3 fields before dying in his 20s. This should be a good get for me.
6. High blood pressure :), D22. Pure guess, but given that it's "treating" (not curing) a "condition" (not a disease), this seems like one of the most logical guesses.
No comments:
Post a Comment