Monday, June 17, 2019

Dave M day 18 v Pelc LLL

Unlike Seif I was pleased with my 3/6 today as I didn’t have much clue on the 3 I got wrong.

 

1 : ( I don’t know movies from this time period so took a fly that it was a trick question and guessed the original Ocean’s 11. D20 (Pelc being extremely strong in Film)

2 : ) Grand Duchy can only be Luxembourg. D20

3 : ( Seif’s guess of Victoria is brilliant and I definitely would have put that had I thought of it. Instead, I randomly guessed Caroline. D21

4 : ( Not being able to think of any organs beginning with T, I assumed I must be getting the letter wrong and guessed Lymph Node. D33

5 : ) All the graduate recruits to BP in my intake were given a copy of ‘the Prize’, a sweeping history of the oil industry. The Cleveland part of Standard Oil eventually became Sohio, which in turn was BP’s first acquisition in the USA in the early 1980s. D11

6 : ) I read an article recently about bad weather in Madagascar causing a vanilla shortage. D12

No comments:

Post a Comment