3/6, although my post mortem check of wrong answers makes me think I actually deserve a fourth correct. These questions seem friendlier to Pelc than for me, but we’ll see.
1. Jackson :(, D21. No clue here.
2. Smith :(, D22. Ditto.
3. Fresian :( but I think I actually should get credit, D01. I didn’t know this, so I can’t say I expected to get it right, but I now see that the breed is actually called Holstein Friesian, often shortened to Holstein but occasionally shortened to Friesian. Based on this, I really think this should pay, though I doubt it will. I came to this answer by thinking of regions/areas of the Netherlands. When I came to Friesland, I thought (maybe) it rang a bell as a type of cow, so I went with it.
4. One mole :), D13. This came to me right away, but I also almost fell into what I suspect will be a common radiocarbon dating trap (even though that’s carbon 14). Glad I didn’t second guess myself here.
5. Liverpool :), D30. Every day I listen to Bloomberg on my way to work. Every day they talk about soccer, and every day I try to tune it out. I guess I picked up something. (But good thing they didn’t ask for both teams.)
6. Mbeki, Zuma :), D12. Only true gimme of the day for me.
1. Jackson :(, D21. No clue here.
2. Smith :(, D22. Ditto.
3. Fresian :( but I think I actually should get credit, D01. I didn’t know this, so I can’t say I expected to get it right, but I now see that the breed is actually called Holstein Friesian, often shortened to Holstein but occasionally shortened to Friesian. Based on this, I really think this should pay, though I doubt it will. I came to this answer by thinking of regions/areas of the Netherlands. When I came to Friesland, I thought (maybe) it rang a bell as a type of cow, so I went with it.
4. One mole :), D13. This came to me right away, but I also almost fell into what I suspect will be a common radiocarbon dating trap (even though that’s carbon 14). Glad I didn’t second guess myself here.
5. Liverpool :), D30. Every day I listen to Bloomberg on my way to work. Every day they talk about soccer, and every day I try to tune it out. I guess I picked up something. (But good thing they didn’t ask for both teams.)
6. Mbeki, Zuma :), D12. Only true gimme of the day for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment