Monday, June 10, 2019

Brian Day 13 vs rando and Ben

4/6, which easily could have been only 1/6. 

1) Twain.  The only gimme of the day.  Shania  immediately came to mind, and she hasn't left it since. 1/2

2) checksum.  Very excited to get this correct! I think I've gotten every computer question wrong in my 8 seasons. Thought I had no chance, but when I analyzed the question, 'total of the correct digits' brought me to 'sum', which rang a bell, I've seen a checksum error several times for some reason.  Clear zero for Ben.  3/0

3)  Ford.  Surprisingly difficult.  I didn't recognize any of the names, but thought Book might be Denzel's character in The Equalizer.  I then rationalized that he must have been a president in some movie I never saw, and that he played a Russian mole in the remake of the Manchurian Candidate, which I've never seen.  Almost stuck with him, then realized he was the subject of a question this season. I then thought perhaps Connery was Vostrikov in Hunt for Red October, which led me to Harrison Ford, who played the president in Air Force One.  I can picture him as a Russian in something also, so that sealed the deal, though I was still not confident.  I think the President Marshall clue makes this a lot easier than I made it to be.  2/1

4) ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)  Thought it was almost too obvious, but nothing else fit. 0/1

5) Savannah.  no clue. 1/2

6) Top Chef.  Surprised I was even in the ballpark, I generally hate reality shows.  2/3

Ouch, Ben, you're lucky there's no award for worst DE in private leagues. 6(4)-1(2)

No comments:

Post a Comment