Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Brian Day 20 vs Jesse

5/6 and oh so close to a six-pack, even though I was only 100% confident of one answer.

1) Paraguay.  Parana sounds Spanish.  South American countries speak Spanish. I think Paraguay and Bolivia are landlocked, which is closer to the Atlantic?  oh, Para-na and Para-guay, the answer is in the question. I see Kim saw that too.  2/0

2) Hurling.   What's a seemingly niche sport played mostly by Scottish players? That's easy, hurling! Wait, those names are Irish, not Scottish.  But I might as well stick with it, don't they both have highlands?  I'm not that good with geography  My roommates and I came upon this sport years ago on some random cable channel.  I think historically it was guys throwing big rocks around.  I could be wrong.  1/2

3) juliet, romeo.  I wasn't positive, but what else could it be? yes, Seif, smart to defend low. 1/1

4) Seventh Heaven.  My only gimme, the show that brought us Jessica Biel. 0/1

5)  Gopher.  Shocked to get this, thought I'd be close but missing a term.  I went through midwest schools until something rang a bell.  And the word Gopher to retrieve files fit nicely. Thought I'd take a shot that I'd get credit for just writing Gopher instead of Gophernet or some such. Glad to get a computer question that Ben doesn't know. 3/3

6) Perri. Talk about close but no cigar!   Cane--> canine--->dog--->shit, I don't know Spanish--> chien is dog in French-->maybe chino-->those are pants-->hey, perrito was the name of a puppy in Dora the Explorer!-->try dropping the 'to'-->every Spanish word ends in 'o' why would you end this in 'i' ?!?!?  Still, nice to get so close on something I really had no clue about.  2/2

No comments:

Post a Comment