2/6, and frankly I'm lucky to walk away with that. I was only certain about a single one when I submitted. While not happy per se, I'm a lot happier with my performance today than with my 3/6 yesterday.
1. You Can't Do That on Television :(, D02. No clue here.
2. Coefficient :(, D32. Coefficient is the only other terms I've heard for this number, but it doesn't fit the rest of the question I now realize. I've never heard of mantissa.
3. Comedian :(, D11. No clue.
4. Navajo :), D20. Only one I was sure of today. Basically a gimme for me.
5. Wonder :(, D13. Nope!
6. Meadows :), D21. Very fortunate to get this. Kind of a weird situation for me. The name L'Anse aux Meadows immediately popped into my head upon reading "L'Anse aux," but I realized that I had no idea what it referred to and certainly wasn't confident that it was the old Viking settlement. As far as I knew, it could have been something completely different. So, I considered L'Anse aux Vineland as a guess. I really might have gone with that, but it wouldn't work grammatically in French, so I passed on that idea. And, since I couldn't think of anything else, I went with the one thing I knew was a real term and hoped for the best.
1. You Can't Do That on Television :(, D02. No clue here.
2. Coefficient :(, D32. Coefficient is the only other terms I've heard for this number, but it doesn't fit the rest of the question I now realize. I've never heard of mantissa.
3. Comedian :(, D11. No clue.
4. Navajo :), D20. Only one I was sure of today. Basically a gimme for me.
5. Wonder :(, D13. Nope!
6. Meadows :), D21. Very fortunate to get this. Kind of a weird situation for me. The name L'Anse aux Meadows immediately popped into my head upon reading "L'Anse aux," but I realized that I had no idea what it referred to and certainly wasn't confident that it was the old Viking settlement. As far as I knew, it could have been something completely different. So, I considered L'Anse aux Vineland as a guess. I really might have gone with that, but it wouldn't work grammatically in French, so I passed on that idea. And, since I couldn't think of anything else, I went with the one thing I knew was a real term and hoped for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment