Thursday, June 6, 2019

Jesse day 11

3/6

1. According to the title of a 2011 film, who was the first Avenger?
Correct Answer: CAPTAIN AMERICA (STEVE ROGERS)
Your Answer: Captain America
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I never saw it, but I remember the film title. 

2. NH<sub>3</sub> is the chemical formula of what colorless, pungent-smelling gas?
Correct Answer: AMMONIA
Your Answer: Methane
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I had no idea.

3. 1973's Across Asia on the Cheap was the first book by travel writers Maureen and Tony Wheeler, who founded what travel guidebook publisher? Once owned by the BBC, it inspired the television series Globe Trekker.
Correct Answer: LONELY PLANET
Your Answer: Lonely Planet
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I have a shelf full of the guides. Tony Wheeler is involved with my companies partner, G Adventures. 

4. Identify either of the individuals whose names fill in the blanks in the title of the 1964 play first published in German under the title Die Verfolgung und Ermordung _________ dargestellt durch die Schauspielgruppe des Hospizes zu Charenton unter Anleitung des _________.
Correct Answer: JEAN-PAUL MARAT, MARQUIS DE SADE
Your Answer: Faust
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I had no idea.

5. Rice, saffron, and olive oil are the three basic ingredients of what traditional Spanish (and specifically Valencian) dish, whose name is derived from that of the cookware in which it is prepared?
Correct Answer: PAELLA
Your Answer: Paella
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Seemed like a food gimmie to me. 

6. The majority of the area of the African region known as Yorubaland (approximately 75%) lies within what present-day nation, where the Yoruba people today make up about one-fifth of the population?
Correct Answer: NIGERIA
Your Answer: Zimbabwe
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2  

I didn't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment