2/6 Thought I had done better!
Correct Answer: RATATOUILLE
Your Answer: Ratatouille
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
I feel like this has come up before in LL.
2. Twenty-five acres of aluminized polypropylene material and nearly ten miles of cord (of the same material) were used, for fourteen days beginning in June 1995, to hide what building from public view?
Correct Answer: REICHSTAG
Your Answer: Reichtstag
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
2. Twenty-five acres of aluminized polypropylene material and nearly ten miles of cord (of the same material) were used, for fourteen days beginning in June 1995, to hide what building from public view?
Correct Answer: REICHSTAG
Your Answer: Reichtstag
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Good ol Cristo.
3. What is the term, from Latin for "shield", used in medieval England for the payment made by a knight to the king in exchange for military service? It was cause for a revolt in the early 13th century and was addressed in the Magna Carta.
Correct Answer: SCUTAGE (ESCUTAGE)
Your Answer: Aegis
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
3. What is the term, from Latin for "shield", used in medieval England for the payment made by a knight to the king in exchange for military service? It was cause for a revolt in the early 13th century and was addressed in the Magna Carta.
Correct Answer: SCUTAGE (ESCUTAGE)
Your Answer: Aegis
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I had no idea. I thought Aegis was a good guess, but I think that is Greek.
4. What is the three-word title of the Broadway musical that is based on the story of the Temptations and features the group's music and lyrics (and is named after one of their most iconic hits)?
Correct Answer: AIN'T TOO PROUD
Your Answer: Just My Imagination
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
4. What is the three-word title of the Broadway musical that is based on the story of the Temptations and features the group's music and lyrics (and is named after one of their most iconic hits)?
Correct Answer: AIN'T TOO PROUD
Your Answer: Just My Imagination
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Only three word Temptations song I could think of. I considered Ain't Too Proud To Beg, but didn't realize they would cut off words. I don't follow musicals.
5. In the gritty drama television series Wentworth, which is award-winning and critically acclaimed in its homeland of Australia and has grown in popularity globally (including in the United States via Netflix and Prime Video), the titular facility "Wentworth" is a what?
Correct Answer: PRISON
Your Answer: Migrant detention facility
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
5. In the gritty drama television series Wentworth, which is award-winning and critically acclaimed in its homeland of Australia and has grown in popularity globally (including in the United States via Netflix and Prime Video), the titular facility "Wentworth" is a what?
Correct Answer: PRISON
Your Answer: Migrant detention facility
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
I had prison, but that seemed too easy and not specifically Australian enough.
6. What Eastern Michigan city is named after a Greek nationalist who served as an officer in the Russian army and as a leader in the movement seeking Greek independence from the Ottoman Empire in the 1820s?
Correct Answer: YPSILANTI
Your Answer: Kalamazoo
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. What Eastern Michigan city is named after a Greek nationalist who served as an officer in the Russian army and as a leader in the movement seeking Greek independence from the Ottoman Empire in the 1820s?
Correct Answer: YPSILANTI
Your Answer: Kalamazoo
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I was sure this was right. I've never heard of Ypsilanti.
No comments:
Post a Comment