Monday, June 17, 2019

Brian I Day 18 vs Gideon

5/6, and I'm going to need it, facing the first place player in C and Gideon here.  Not an easy day.

1) Twelve Angry Men.  Gimme.  A trivia staple.  0/0

2) Luxembourg.  An educated guess.  Figured this was one of the tiny countries I know nothing about. Lichtenstein sounds German, while the canton name sound French, leaving Monaco and Luxembourg (I think there are a few others I'm forgetting, but not knowing what they are helped me narrow this down.) I didn't think Monaco was big enough to have multiple cantons, leaving Lux.  1/1

3) Claudine.  no idea.  I'm lucky I know what Twitch is.  3/3

4) Thymus.  The clue had to be talking about T-cells, leaving me with thyroid and thymus.  I don't know what the thymus does, but the thyroid controls growth, so this was a coin flip weighted toward thymus.  2/2

5) Cleveland.  What else could it be? On Lake Erie, 400 miles seemed about right, isn't this just the second geography question of the day?  1/2

6) Vanilla.  Madagascar vanilla is, I think, well-known.  But I wasn't sure if vanilla qualified as a spice.  Ultimately I thought the parenthetical confirmed it's just plain vanilla.  2/1

No comments:

Post a Comment