Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Seif Day 19

3 or 4/6 today.  I only deserve 3, but let's see if Thorsten gives me a fourth.

1. Butterfly :), D31.  I think this is pretty easy if you speak any of these languages.  I don't speak Spanish, but I knew that one and the French one.  D3 for my LL opponent only because he is as bad at language questions as I am at pop music...

2. War of 1812 :), D00.  Seems fairly easy, too.  D0 for my LL opponent was clear, since he has a higher American history get rate than I do, something I very rarely encounter.

3. Olbermann :(, D13.  I had no idea.  Kind of rings a bell now that I see the answer, but I was never going to get it.

4. Hundred :/, D22.  I don't think I deserve credit here, but we'll see.  I felt really smart about decoding the "c" from Roman numerals, and I don't know why I didn't then append the "weight," which made sense given the "wt" and the fact that I've heard of pennyweight.  We'll see here, but this is like the third or fourth time this season I've gotten really, really close to a right answer but gotten it wrong.

5. Three Card Monty :(, D11.  I've never heard of the game Chemin de Fer, though I do know what it means in French.

6. Young Adult :), D22.  Not sure how easy this is.  I thought of this but then second guessed it because I thought the NYT category was created much earlier.  Glad I stuck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment